Today’s subject is your “life-consciousness pulse”.
Do you have a monitor for it? Have you taken it lately? Is it beating rhythmically, regularly, and strongly? Or, for that matter, do you know what a “life consciousness pulse” is?
Okay. These questions are a bit unfair. That’s because we just made up the phrase “life-consciousness pulse” itself.
What we mean by it is being consciously aware of the key “heartbeats” (aspects) of day-to-day living — the ones that help us reach our highest and best good; and, to monitor them as the “vital signs” to keep us on the path toward those desires.
At Big Love, we call these the “Five Heartbeats” — a handful of primary things to be aware of and to focus on to some extent each and every day. While you’re free to develop your own list (or not!), we’ve identified these “Five Heartbeats” based on our life experiences. When all five are beating coherently, we find ourselves feeling more whole, balanced, and complete.
Specifically, the Five Heartbeats are: Wisdom, Wholeness, Oneness, Co-Creation, and …. (are you ready for this?)….Nitty-Gritty!
You might have other “priorities” in your life, AND if you tend to these five you’ll be positioning yourself to deal with everything more effectively. Here’s why:
- Wisdom — With wisdom, you’ll have a solid foundation for living. You’ll know what you stand for and have a frame of reference for every choice you’re called to make.
- Wholeness — This is all about self-care and self-development. If you take care of yourself (physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and spiritually) you’ll be ready to deal with what comes your way. If you engage in life-long learning, you’ll feel confident and effective when new opportunities arise.
- Oneness — We are social beings by nature — and we’re dependent on nature for life. Positive, mutual interaction with others, our planet, and everything on it serves our interests – bringing us validation, support, purpose, and meaning (especially as we serve).
- Co-Creation — All of us have an “Inner Push” — an implacable and irresistible desire to make a difference. The more we honor it (and it may change over the span of our lives), the more satisfying and fulfilling our life.
- Nitty-Gritty — There are no shortage of things on our “To-Do” lists. Our challenge is to prioritize and take actions that yield best overall results. When we’re dealing with our “Stuff” (our Nitty-Gritty) we’re fully present and not off in “La La Land” (even if it is an Oscar winner).
These are big heart-beats. But you need to go big to live in and as Big Love. Being aware of them, nurturing them, and monitoring is every day work. But it is also the work of a lifetime. So give yourself some space and compassion as you care for and feed them. It’s about continuous growth in mastery rather than a once-and-done achievement.
To discover more, go to www.TheBigLove.org to discover more about Big Love’s “Five Heartbeats”. Try them out. Modify as fits your disposition and needs. Let us know how we can support you.
And, watch for further developments – Big Love is still in its very early developmental stages (even in this blog, we’ve renamed what we originally called “Five Expressions” as “Five Heartbeats”).
We feel that name is more aligned with the essence of Big Love — and more fun, too! We’ll be bringing out “monitoring”, “diagnosing”, and “conditioning” tools and techniques (perhaps even an “APP” or two) for Five Heartbeats in the near future.
In the meantime, make up your own way to use them. But as you do, strive for a reasonable balance. After all, you wouldn’t want to suffer from an “irregular pulse” would you?
Here’s To Healthy Heartbeats and Lots More Big Love!
Olivia and Steve